“Dancers are Musicians are Dancers.” – José Limón, 1966
When music is made physical, it reaches a new dimension of depth, nuance, and meaning. We offer exercises and ideas for approaching specific pieces of music, with free scores available.
Since Music and Dance share common ground, experiencing music within movement brings an important level of skill to work in dance — teaching, choreography, and performance.
The natural connections between music, movement and imagination are intact for children. MusiKinesis has books available, and plenty of free ideas here on the site.
NEW for 2016 – an interactive iBook! Check out more MusiKinesis books
News, articles, announcements, musings — all on the MusiKinesis Blog
. Subscribe to be notified of new posts.
Search the database of “Ideas to Try”
for lesson suggestions, analyses of compositions, teaching materials and more, free!
Sign up for the MusiKinesis Newsletter (no spam!) and receive updates on new books, notifications of new classes, discount coupons, and more! You can unsubscribe any time.
- Our Blog with insights, news and musings.
- Ideas to try in teaching, or on your own.
- Links to related resources around the web.
- Video files showing class exercises.
- Updates on new books, classes, and special discounts.
- Historical artifacts from original antiquarian sources.
- Frequently Asked Questions.